Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Past Year

Got this from a neighboring blog. Thought it was good to put to give an idea of what happened last year...

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Got pregnant is one. Yeah, another is I played Magic card game for the first time.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any that I remember. I've never been big on them. My only hope for the next is a healthy child and our business' success.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, but I will be in 2010.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my Uncle.

5. What countries did you visit?

None, my mom and my brother do all the travel. Plus I've been pregnant almost half the year.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Success really and less stress. So far the year is starting off quite well. Last year I remember being kind of a down turn with my last job I held. It was only a few months later that it ended.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

I'm not sure, I had a few memorable things happen. My position ended with one company and I went head on with my own in April. I found out I was pregnant in August I believe, though I don't remember exactly when. My uncle past away around October, and I couldn't got to the funeral because of my condition. Those are the things I remember off hand. Most else runs together.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Just getting pregnant. I thought I wasn't going to ever have a child. I had just started looking at adoption.

9. What was your biggest failure?

The good thing about having your own business is you have control and there is no one to hold you back, but the bad thing is if anything goes wrong there is no one to blame but yourself... It can be painful sometimes.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I did end up in the emergency room loosing all fluid in my body from both ends. An experience I would never want to repeat, but strangely enough helped in me getting pregnant.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmm... Probably my chairs in the dinning area. Yeah, no major purchases this year.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

I don't know... No behavior to celebrate I guess.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

There are many, I've figured out I just really don't like many people.

14. Where did most of your money go?

I ask myself that all the time.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Having a baby. That is the primary highlight of the year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Strangely enough probably Travelin' Soldier by the Dixie Chicks... just because of a trip I did to North Carolina. Heard it for the first time.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

happier, pregnant (so rounder since I'm at the end of my second trimester) and poorer... I was at my wealthiest actually this time last year.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Stuff with the business.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Probably watching TV.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it with family in South Florida.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

No, I've been in love.

22. How many one-night stands?

None, married.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Big Bang Theory or Mad Men, not sure which wins.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No, its really about the same.

25. What was the best book you read?

I don't have one. It is probably the one year in awhile that I didn't make it through a book. Had to read lengthy documents for work and that's probably why.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Not sure if I had one.

27. What did you want and get?

Pregnant

28. What did you want and not get?

For my business to grow.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

Hangover... that was funny.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 27... I'm not sure what I did. My position had just ended the previous month.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I don't know, having a vacation at some point. We didn't have one.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

My usual, I think it'd probably be basic yuppy in her 20s.

33. What kept you sane?

My husband and faith.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None I really fancied as in thinking they are attractive. I've been too turned off by most celebrities.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Probably Obama with Afghanistan; it had the most effect on me. From seeing people again speaking of withdrawal really does make me think that the biggest mistake with the recent wars are not having enough get involved. Popular culture even demonises those who help with the military for a living as well.

36. Who did you miss?

I'm not sure. I've missed many in my "past life" as I would call it, but only at moments.

37. Who was the best new person you met?

Someone at my last job and worked with. He's a hard worker, which I find more and more is hard to come by. I respect those I come across that are. There really aren't many I've met.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

That running a business on your own is difficult, but definitely a learning experience. Also, only God truly has control of growing your family; every child basically comes at its own time.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Sorry, don't think I have one.

No comments: