When looking for a job in the past I had a tendency to look too much into what I wanted to be later on in life. It took me awhile to relize that I should just go for whatever the hell I can get... minus Job Coach. I don't want to do that again. I feel like I've been constantly looking for work for the past year. Its not that I've been unemployed that whole time either. I've been told I'm the expert in the family on looking for jobs. That is what I spend my spare time doing, filling out job applications and writing cover letters. I've been to about seven job interviews in the past few weeks as well. I do have a job set up to where I only have a week off from the one I just quit and then I start again at a new place. Of course, I did this again because I moved to a new area... I'm not close enoough to Miami to work there. I still have this part of me that wants to be somewhat involved with "what I want to be when I grow up" sort of thing. That was why I worked for United Airlines for awhile. Anyway, at the same time there hasn't been one area specifically that I wanted to go into when I grow up. I'll give you an example:
1. Professor/Teacher- This is what my parents do and this is what most people know what I want to do. I've always thought I was a natural at teaching. I do well at job interviews where the position requires something to do with teaching as well. There are a couple of things keeping me from any such position, an upper level degree or a teaching certificate. I'm still attempting to get into a Master's program. I'll see how that works.
2. FBI/ Federal Agent- Okay, this one is a little sillier because I first wanted to go into doing this from growing up watching X-Files. I was a little too obsessed with that show. Still, I have attempted to get federal jobs. I don't think it will work. Well, they require good credit and to be in some sort of shape... Yep, like I said, I don't think its going to work out.
3. Pilot- I think this is one of the most far fetched one of them all. That is why I went into working at United Airlines, at least I had the opportunity to fly alot. I think I would also need that surgery to correct my vision or something to be a pilot. I don't know. I really gave up on that one a long time ago.
4. Astronaunt- This is the most far fetched one of them all. But now you see why I wanted to be a pilot? I loved astronomy. I wanted to have some opportunity to go into space. Hey, it could happen. Millionares can do it now. So that is all I need, to become a multi-millionare.
5. Virologist- Once upon a time I was a biology major and this was why. I wanted to study viruses. I still think they are fasinating, but I discovered that chemistry is hard. So that dream has dies. I don't put this one as far fetched though. I keep thinking that if I try one more time that I could pass chemistry.... I just would just need to go back to college. Maybe later.
6. Political Cartoonist- Still a possibility, I think I just have the problem of not being original enough. I can draw, but no ideas. That is why I post others political cartoons. Granted that I think most political cartoonists are unoriginal and liberal assholes, but I couldn't follow that model. It just wouldn't be right.
I think that is enough for now. But I have a question, who actually thinks that they want to be a clerical worker or an HR assistant when they grow up? I personally am a little biased against HR at this point. I think HR is a nonsense position. I would think that most people would want more interesting positions. But more than likely, I will be an administrative assistant soon enough. Not HR, they actually have a degree for that. Have you ever heard of anything more bullsh*$t than an HR degree?