Thursday, July 14, 2011

Drawing OCD and images in my head

I just finished drawing, nothing really good since its been awhile. Drawing is not easy with a one year old. I had to get an image out of my head. It was of a woman that was painted all in white with black stripes. She has a plain expression on her face. She blankly stares back at everyone with her stripes and shaved head to be seen by everyone, but she doesn't stand proudly. She crouches in holding her knees in close to her. As those usually do if there is a problem.

I didn't quite draw that woman,probably because I am on sleep medication and am not quite functioning correctly tonight. I am having some insomnia though. This woman is a representation of OCD for me I believe. I keep seeing her and I made it up in my head, I know. That is how I interpret everything, with these images. They don't always come to paper exactly as I want. But I can create art that makes you wonder. I know that much. From my past fascination with Tarot and anime strangely enough. I revert back to my anime style every once in awhile.

Maybe I should train my hand and I would be good, but what would be the fun in that:) It is much more fun picking up things as you go and not having the seriousness of other artists. Frankly I don't usually call my art as such with others because it seems almost an insult to think I could. So no problem to me, I let my art stand to the side. It isn't all appropriate for home work anyway. Its mainly the joy in creating it and getting it out of my head. I wish I could think of music like I think of art, but God gives us these gifts. We don't choose them.

Well, my eyes are going out on me. Literally going out of focus greatly. So goodnight. Maybe I'll feel better even if the exact image isn't out there.

No comments: