Monday, February 28, 2005

Before I leave work...

I've spent my morning at work. Nothing exciting. Only thing out of the ordinary is having to help out a new girl that started the job today. Seeing her reminds me of my age, and how long I've been out of high school. She is a freshman and just started this past semester. She asks me, "How long have you been in college?" I look at her blankly... hmm... I graduated in 99'(already doing college credit during my senior year) and it is 05'... damn. "Six years." She looked at me shocked. Yes, that made me feel old.

I like hanging around older people, then I don't have to deal with that too often. I love being the youngest one... I really didn't want to age over 21, but unfortunatly I have no say in the matter. It is quite a difference from when I was in the conference the other day. Other than Neil(the friend I brought along) and I, everyone was in their late 20s to late 50s. Well, I guess I should not feel to bad about that. I mean by the fall semester I am actually qualified to teach a class here at Texas State (only need 18 hrs. of graduate work). It just kills me how fast time flys...

Talking about time flying, it is about time for me to leave work. I actually didn't mean to write this much. I was originally going to write that I have too much to catch up on, so this will more than likely be it for the day. On to the library then...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Do you still wanna chill for a bit on Thursday night, cause Bru called last night and said his band is playing at WiseGuys. He said we should go cause its his bands first time to be back to the stage, and they just got 2 new members or something.

el said...

I don't know... maybe. I'll see how it is later in the week. Right now I'm worried about getting everything caught up on before spring break.

Jessica said...

Yeah, don't wanna get behind. Nathan and Eric said they'd go already so no big deal if you can't. I just finished with midterms as of today, so I'm ready to relax! I don't have anymore tests,(I don't think) until after spring break.