Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike

I've been on and off the phone with my parents since Ike hit. I'm sure you've heard that the entire Houston metropolitan area is without power. I've been trying to talk them into going to Central Texas to stay with my brother, but they insist on riding this one out at home. Though no power, the school has power for air conditioning and my dad doesn't feel like in getting caught on the road with everyone else leaving the area.

So hopefully the electric companies can get everything together soon. I thank God not too many problems have occurred otherwise. Their home is fine, but they aren't close to the coast. I do pray for those who lost more to the storm. Thankfully not too many lives were lost.

And they get a sort of break tonight, a cold front.

Well, I've been focusing on getting information to my parents. They haven't been through a hurricane since the 60s, but they seem okay. Cleaning out the pool and barbecuing. My only experience was Katrina and thankfully we have been good so far this season in my area in Florida.

But other than problems with those idiots who didn't evacuate in the mandatory evacuation zones, Texas seems so far to be handling this well enough. Let's see how long it takes to get the electricity back!

No comments: