Saturday, January 24, 2009

Obama's first few days

Here are the Executive Orders and Memoranda that Obama passed in the first few days:

1. Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel
2. Presidential Records
3. Freedom of Information Act
4. Pay Freeze
5. Transparency and Open Government
6. Review and Disposition of Individuals Detained at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base and Closure of Detention Facilities
7. Review of Detention Policy Options
8. Ensuring Lawful Interrogations
9. Review of the Detention of Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri
10. Mexico City Policy and Assistance for Voluntary Population Planning

I could only find all of the orders listed on the site for the executive branch. Now #10 is one that I found most interesting. Obama waited until Friday to sign off on this memoranda with hardly any coverage while everything else was signed publically on Wednesday and Thursday. I found out about this by reading Catholic.org and I have been genuinely waiting and watching to see what Obama would do. Especially since hearing about Guantanamo Bay being closed I have been worried about President Obama's decisions. Now our federal tax dollars are being used to assist with abortions around the world while our president is being praised for his humanitarian efforts? That truley makes no sense to me. Why is abortion so important to some women? Is having a baby that bad? I've thought that before dealing with my own infertility. I feel angry that so many are so eager to commit this mortal sin and act as if it is something we can compromise on. Christians see abortion as the same as murder, there really is no room for compromise.


Now in regards to Guantananamo-Bay, this order scares me. This is where we keep suspectecd terrorists! My question is where are they putting these guys? I sure would not want them near my place or near any of my family even if they are in prison. Why? Prisoners escape! These would be especially dangerous. You have to know there is something wrong when Chavez commends you on anything. The only idea I can slightly agree with is suggested here, reopen Alcatraz. At least with Alcatraz there is a cold body of water between them and us!

Well, that is it for me now. Let's see what will happen next.

No comments: